The Custom Printed American Apparel 50/50 t-shirts vs the Custom Printed American Apparel 50/25/25 t-shirts
Some of the most popular products that we offer are our American Apparel t-shirts, but with 3 different t-shirt options, ranging from 100% cotton to 50/25/25, sometimes our customers wonder which one is right for them… so to help you figure out which one to print on for your next order, we wrote this blog post.
Here are the 3 main types of American Apparel t-shirts that we offer on CoedMonkey.com:
1. Our Custom American Apparel 2001 T-Shirt: This 100% Cotton t-shirt that is the basic t-shirt offered by American Apparel. It is their cheapest t-shirt (still more expensive than other 100% cotton t-shirts though), and is made of 4.3 oz. combed ringspun cotton. It also offers a great, tailored fit that you cannot find with other 100% Cotton t-shirts. Get an instant quote on the 100% Cotton American Apparel Soft t-shirt today!
2. Our Custom American Apparel 50/50 BB401 T-Shirt: This 50/50 t-shirt is just a little more expensive than the 100% Cotton t-shirt but offers a much softer fabric since it is made of 50% Cotton & 50% Polyester. This shirt also has a tailored fit that is comparable to shirts that you’d buy in retail stores like Abercrombie or the Buckle. Get an instant quote on the Custom Screen Printed American Apparel 50/50 t-shirt today!
3. Our Custom American Apparel 50/25/25 T-Shirt: If heaven has t-shirts, then this would be the t-shirt preferred by every angel in heaven… and if you’re looking for the softest & best fitting t-shirt, then look no further… this is it! The 50% Cotton, 25% Polyester & 25% Rayon offers a softness and fit that can’t be matched by any other t-shirt, but it is also the most expensive t-shirt that we offer. Begin by getting an instant quote on the Custom Printed American Apparel 50/25/25 t-shirt today!
Now that we’ve laid out each of the American Apparel t-shirts we want to focus on the two that get confused most often- the 50/50 t-shirt & the 50/25/25 t-shirt. If you want to have a softer t-shirt than the standard 100% Cotton, which t-shirt should you go with?
Besides the slight price difference, there are a 3 things to consider:
1. The Color Options. The 50/50 t-shirt comes in 19 colors, while the 50/25/25 t-shirt only comes in 8 colors.
2. Your Logo Design. The 50/50 t-shirt has more solid colors, while the 50/25/25 t-shirt has more heathered colors which look great with a more vintage style print… if your logo looks older, consider using a heathered t-shirt color to compliment the older looking logo. Similarly, if you have a new looking logo that requires more ink for printing, go with a slightly more solid colored shirt so that the logo does not compete with the t-shirt fabric color- so the 50/50 might be a better option.
3. Are you selling the shirt? Your customers can tell the difference. If you are trying to sell your t-shirt and make the most mark-up, then the American Apparel 50/50 t-shirt might be the right shirt, but if you are more concerned with just selling a ton of t-shirts and making slightly less (around $1) per shirt, then go with the American Apparel 50/25/25 t-shirt because when a customer sees the American Apparel tag and feels the 50/25/25 t-shirt, they will rush to grab their wallet and pay you the $20 or $25 you are going to charge them for it!
Hopefully that helps, but if you had any other questions please feel free to Contact Us and we’d love to help you decide which t-shirt is right for you!
Also in Custom T-Shirt Blog
That means that if you order some new soft custom t-shirts, that we'll ask what size you are and throw in something like a free super-soft and tailored hooded sweatshirt or long sleeve t-shirt for you.
In fact, we get asked to print for so many startup clothing brands, that we wanted to put together a quick cheat sheet of our Top 4 Tips for Starting your own Clothing Brand based on countless conversations over the years...
"Our 24 Carat Mirror Gold ink is easy to fall in love with..." ~ Bill Svoboda, Founder
We really love providing our amazing clients around the country with the softest, custom printed t-shirts to set their brands apart in their respective markets... so our best clients constantly push us to innovate so they can truly stand out from the competition.
One of our favorite new innovations has been our Signature 24 Carat Mirror Gold Ink... it's a true head-turner and something that is 100% guaranteed to make your brand or event stand out in the crowd! But instead of just telling you about it though, we decided to make a quick video so you can actually see our Signature 24 Carat Mirror Gold Ink in action:
This is perfect for special occasion t-shirts, (like if you hit a sales goal, achieve a certain # of team members, reach a special anniversary of the business, etc.). and although it might throw of the "branding" of your business by not printing your logo in the marketing-approved pantone color, everyone will love that you decided to take a risk on something truly remarkable- for that amazing achievement.
If you're interested in ordering our 24 Carat Mirror Gold Ink on your next custom t-shirt order, you can easily just mention it in the "Additional Info" section of the Checkout Process, or mention it to your Coed Monkey Order Rep and they can help you!
Please let us know if you had any questions, because we wanna make sure you look amazing in soft, custom printed t-shirts (that fit your budget!) and turn heads!